With clients looking to embrace and enhance their natural skin, clinics have seen a surge in demand for mesotherapy treatments. The minimally invasive treatment offers a multitude of benefits, promoting a lit-from-within glow. In the wake of patients embracing a no-makeup look, mesotherapy offers various benefits, depending on the nature of the treatment, providing versatility for a range of patients, regardless of age, gender, and skin type.
We explore the growing popularity of mesotherapy treatments within the non-surgical skincare sector.
How Mesotherapy Works
Individually tailored to a client’s skin concerns, mesotherapy is a non-invasive and non-surgical rejuvenation technique that seeks to improve the appearance of the skin. Utilising micro-injections of a specialised cocktail of ingredients, mesotherapy enriches the skin with enriching active ingredients and hydration, helping to refine textural irregularities and reduce the appearance of discolouration.
The treatment involves a series of chemical injections with short, fine needles that target the skin’s middle layer, also known as the dermis. Practitioners who administer mesotherapy combine a variety of substances in their injections, including plant extracts, vitamins, amino acids, minerals, Hyaluronic Acid (HA), hormones, enzymes, and other skin-boosting cocktails.Depending on the ingredient cocktail and the patient’s skin concerns, the bespoke treatment aims to address a wide range of perceived flaws. Mesotherapy may be an option for those concerned with uneven tone, pigmentation, laxity, cellulite, skin ageing and hair loss.
What To Expect With Mesotherapy
A mesotherapy treatment will differ from patient to patient, depending on their aims and skin quality. The treatment will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete, not including the time taken for numbing. Whilst the treatment is not painful, it may prove uncomfortable for some patients. Most practitioners will apply an anaesthetic cream such as LMX or Emla, for 20 minutes before the treatment, to ease discomfort. To achieve the best results, 6-8 sessions are advised, spaced two weeks apart with maintenance treatments 1-2 times a year. As bruising remains a possibility during any injectable treatment, patients should avoid taking any tablets or supplements that may thin the blood for at least one week before their mesotherapy appointment. This includes fish oil, high amounts of garlic, ginkgo, aspirin, vitamin E supplements, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories. Patients will also need to moderate their alcohol consumption.
What Mesotherapy Products Provide the Best Results?Stocking a range of mesotherapy products in your clinic is essential when it comes to ensuring that you are prepared for treating different patients’ skin concerns. We recommend the Stayve range– exclusively distributed by Fox Pharma. The Stayve products are individualised and tailored to help address different concerns. The Stayve range at Fox compromises of the following products:
- Stayve Hyaluronic Acid Ampoules
- Stayve Salmon DNA Gold Ampoules
- Stayve Collagen Ampoules
- Stayve Booster Starter Kit
- Stayve Booster Starter Kit 2
- Stayve BB Glow Starter Kit
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Mesotherapy?
- Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive, non-surgical procedure
- Patients don’t require general anaesthesia
- Treatment can be tailored to address a specific concern
- Minimal downtime, meaning patients can return to their day-to-day activities straight away
- Doesn’t leave scars
- Can reduce the look of superficial wrinkles and fine lines
- Relatively pain-free
- Produces fast and instantaneous results, in most cases
- Suitable for a wide variety of patients
- Some patients will require up to eight treatments for optimal results which can prove expensive
- There is no standardised treatment or method, so, results will depend on each practitioner’s technique and choice of cocktail
- In some cases, mesotherapy can cause pain, sensitivity, redness, bruising, swelling, rashes
- Skin infections may occur if the procedure is performed in an unclean environment
What To Do After Mesotherapy Treatment?
To guarantee the best results and to help prevent infection, patients should take caution with their aftercare and avoid the following:
- Do not wash the face or take a shower for at least 8 hours after a mesotherapy treatment
- Apply Arnica Cream to help any bruising subside
- Avoid direct sun exposure, sunbeds, sunbathing, saunas, or steam rooms/baths for at least 24 hours after treatment
- Apply a warm compress throughout the day if any redness or small lumps occur
- Have warm baths/showers to help assist the healing process
- Avoid any strenuous exercise for 48 hours
Mesotherapy is an effective and non-surgical procedure that targets various concerns, with the help of a specialised ingredient cocktail.With minimal downtime and quick treatment time, what are your opinions on mesotherapy?
Shop our range of mesotherapy products online at Fox Pharma here.